As you'd expect, we have new safety measures in place for your visit. Please respect the rules, both for your own protection and that of fellow visitors and our staff. We're sorry but if you don't follow the guidelines you may be asked to leave.
• Restricting visitor numbers with a pre-booking system;
• Using one-way systems wherever possible;
• Installation of hand sanitiser stations;
• Providing additional cleaning of facilities;
• Installation of screens at pay points.
WE ASK THAT YOU
• Do not enter if you have Covid-19 symptoms, or if you think you have been in contact with anyone with symptoms;
• Ensure you have pre-booked;
• Wear a compulsory face covering, unless you are exempt;
• Maintain social distancing, especially in the Grotto;
• Use our hand sanitiser stations;
• Wash your hands for 20 seconds after using the facilities.
Please take a look at the FAQ before booking tickets.
MAPS & ACTIVITY SHEETS
To increase the safety of our visitors, and reduce contact where possible, we encourage you to download or print a copy of our map before your visit.
We have temporarily removed our kids' colouring station during the Covid-19 pandemic, so our Activity Sheet is here for you to download and print and complete at home.
Our maps are also available in other languages.
Large-print maps and Museum Room text are available on site for the visually impaired. Our Museum Room text is also available to download here to help reduce contact during your visit.
For visitors with Autistic Spectrum Conditions we have the Shell Grotto Social Story; a guide that will help you find your way around the Grotto. We're going to update this once we've done a few days of operating under new Covid-19 measures; we want to make sure it's right!
Our Sensory Map identifies spaces around the Grotto which
might be noisy, bright, busy, dark or smelly. We have updated it to take our Covid-19 measures into account.
We do our best to be sensitive to all of our visitors’ needs so please don’t hesitate to ask if you require assistance.
We have a full Access Statement to assist with planning your visit.