For visits after 21 July please see our Summer 2021 FAQ.
We are operating in accordance with Government guidelines and industry standards, to ensure a COVID-safe environment for visitors and staff.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
- Pre-booking is essential.
- Face coverings are required, both in the shop and the Grotto.
- If anyone in your group is showing any COVID-19 symptoms we respectfully ask that you do not visit.
- Test & Trace check-in - everyone over the age of 16 must now check in, as per Government guidelines. If you do not have the NHS Test & Trace app you will need to complete a short form with contact details.
- Wear a compulsory face covering, unless you are exempt.
- Use the hand sanitiser stations.
- Enhanced and consistent cleaning regimes.
- Pre-planned customer routes, with restricted numbers in the Grotto.
- Staff health checks and PPE.
- Installation of screens at pay points.
- COVID-flexible booking policy (see our FAQ for details).
For more detailed information, please take a look at the FAQ.
To increase the safety of our visitors, and reduce contact where possible, we encourage you to download or print a copy of our map before your visit.
We have temporarily removed our kids' colouring station during the Covid-19 pandemic, so our Activity Sheet is here for you to download and print and complete at home.
Our maps are also available in other languages.
Large-print maps and Museum Room text are available on site for the visually impaired. Our Museum Room text is also available to download here to help reduce contact during your visit.
For visitors with Autistic Spectrum Conditions we have the Shell Grotto Social Story; a guide that will help you find your way around the Grotto. We're going to update this once we've done a few days of operating under new Covid-19 measures; we want to make sure it's right!
Our Sensory Map identifies spaces around the Grotto which
might be noisy, bright, busy, dark or smelly. We have updated it to take our Covid-19 measures into account.
We do our best to be sensitive to all of our visitors’ needs so please don’t hesitate to ask if you require assistance.
We have a full Access Statement to assist with planning your visit.